We recently received the question, “How do I add an obituary to my Facebook profile?” Adding an obituary to Facebook is an easy way to inform family and friends that a loved one or friend has passed away. It is also an easy way to let people know about the service details and times.
There are 5 simple steps to add an Obituary Link to Facebook:
1. Click on the obituary that you want to post to Facebook
2. Copy the web page URL (address) from the Address Bar in the top of the Browser
* Select the address and then Copy it “Ctrl + C”
* This is an example of what the Address looks like:
3. Log into Facebook
4. Paste the link into the Update Status area where is says, “What’s on your mind?”
5. Select the appropriate picture, add a comment (optional), tag people (optional) and click ”Post”
Please let us know if you have any other questions – just fill out the “Ask The Director” form to the right.